HOT TUB PLANNING
Ready to take the next step toward hot tub ownership? Designing the setting of your dreams can be the best part of your experience. Follow our guide to choosing your perfect hot tub to discover the features that are right for you, then read on. With just a little planning, the path to hot tub ownership can be downright fun.
DECIDE WHERE TO INSTALL YOUR SPA
Placing your hot tub outdoors means you can stargaze or enjoy the weather with your loved ones. Plus, you’ll have plenty of flexibility in design. Here are some tips as you’re deciding where to put your outdoor hot tub:
- Consider your climate. If you live in a place with cold winters, you’ll probably want quick access to the indoors. During hot summers, you’ll want to be in a shady area, so you may want to place your spa under a gazebo or umbrella.
- Think about how you intend to use your spa. If you’re using it for recreation and socializing, leave plenty of room for activities and yard furniture. If you’d like more a secluded feeling, choose a private corner of the yard and add plants or a screen.
- Of course, you’ll want to think about your view. Position your spa based on the view you most want to enjoy while you’re soaking. After all, your hot tub should really be all about you.
Placing your hot tub indoors gives you more privacy, as well as protection from the elements, such as sun and snow. If you prefer to just watch the snow fall through a window, indoor hot tub placement may be for you.
- Building a new room is a popular way to incorporate an indoor spa into your property. This makes it easy to custom-design the features you need for an indoor retreat. Plus, you can install the spa before you close up the last wall of the room.
- No matter where you put the spa, measure carefully and plan your delivery route beforehand. Your local dealer can help you ensure everything runs smoothly.
DESIGN YOUR DREAM BACKYARD
If you’ve decided to place your spa outdoors, you can look forward to days and nights relaxing with a view, in a backyard designed just for you. Creating your perfect backyard oasis is just as fun as picking out your spa.
It’s easy to create an inviting backyard space with plants. Whether you’re a fan of vibrant blooms or want to add calming greenery, here’s how.
- Spruce up your yard with annuals, which will add a pop of color throughout the warmer seasons. They’ll also attract butterflies and hummingbirds for you to watch as you soak.
- Create a natural privacy screen with an ivy-covered trellis, or line your yard with tall shrubs for the same effect. As a bonus, the greenery will give your space a calm, relaxed feeling.
LIGHTING AND SEATING
The right lighting and seating help create ambiance and ensure all your guests have an amazing experience, both inside the spa and outside.
- Create a space so that those who aren’t in the spa can still be in on the fun. A storage bench with cozy pillows doubles as a seating area and a place for extra towels.
- Consider the mood you want to set with your lighting. Colorful holiday lights or Tiki torches create a fun vibe, while lanterns or candles feel softer and more romantic.
There are certain sights and sounds that automatically evoke bliss. Here are a few tips to make your yard the epitome of luxury—see our blog for more details.
- Cascading water has a well-known calming effect—that’s why Jacuzzi® Hot Tubs come with built-in waterfalls. Adding a custom waterfall or koi pond just outside your spa provides even more soothing sounds, creating a relaxed and tropical environment.
- Install a fire pit to create a warm, inviting atmosphere after dark. The flickering flames and sounds of crackling wood will improve your yard’s ambiance, whether you’re socializing with friends or enjoying a romantic evening for two.
DISCOVER EVEN MORE …
The Jacuzzi® Brand offers a complete line of accessories that will make your life even easier, from must-have covers to our convenient smartphone app.
- Jacuzzi® Genuine hot tub covers are custom-designed to fit your spa like a glove, keeping the heat in and debris out.
- Cover lifters remove and replace your hot tub cover for you, making it easy to maneuver and store your hot tub cover, even when you're by yourself.
- Spa steps make getting in and out of your spa even easier for you and your guests.
- Our ProLink™ App lets you control and monitor your hot tub from your smartphone. Heat your spa before you get home from work, schedule water care operations, and receive alerts, all on your phone.
Browse around our accessories page for even more information, and check out our Inspiration Gallery to get your imagination working. When it comes to your backyard sanctuary, the possibilities are endless.